Founders’ Research Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize, honor, and encourage medical students who contribute to scholarly work through research and publication or presentation. An annual award will be presented to one student researcher who has demonstrated a commitment to clinical or basic science research pertaining to osteopathic medicine or public health and who exhibits the foundational research skills that will serve the osteopathic profession.
In recognition of the importance of medical student participation in research, this $3,000 scholarship will annually recognize one student researcher for the quality and significance of his/her publication, presentation, or ongoing work.
* Deadline June 1, 2021
* Rising fourth year student (DO/PhD students are not eligible for this award)
* Enrolled and in good standing at the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
* Demonstrated excellence in academic achievement (transcript required)
* Letter of recommendation from faculty research mentor
* Statement discussing the value of the applicant’s research to the osteopathic medical profession, public health, and the applicant’s professional goals