Educational Stipend Application
In order to be compliant with IRS requirements, the Osteopathic Founders Foundation (OFF) has adopted a consistent standard for all medical education grants and stipends. The standard will apply regardless of the source of funds. OFF educational grants and stipends are available to osteopathic physicians enrolled in an AOA or ACGME accredited post graduate training program, to professional level employees of a College of Osteopathic Medicine, or to professional level employees of a hospital which sponsors post-graduate training programs accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
Educational grants and stipends are not automatically granted, but are awarded by the OFF Medical Education Committee on a competitive basis based on an application submitted prior to the educational program that is to be supported. The stipends will support conferences, conventions, rotations, and other educational programs that will improve and enhance clinical skills of applicants.
To be considered for an award, please submit a one-page letter of application, at least 4 weeks in advance of the program, which includes the following information:
- Your name, credentials, place of employment and position.
- Name and description of the required course, convention, rotation, or other educational program
- Duration and location of the required course, convention, rotation, or other educational program
- A description of how this educational program will enhance your clinical skills and knowledge
- A statement of your financial need
- Preference will be given to requests from qualifying applicants who have not previously received a stipend award from the Osteopathic Founders Foundation
- Your letter of application must be co-signed by an osteopathic physician in your department or, in the case of residents, your program director.
- All stipend requests must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
The medical education committee of the Foundation has final authority regarding the awarding of educational grants and stipends.
Applicants will be notified of the approval or denial of their request within two weeks of their application. Grant or stipend payments will be issued following the submission of evidence of successful completion of the approved program and receipt of a completed Form W-9. No payments will be issued in advance of the course completion.
Questions related to this policy should be directed to Sherri Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 918-551-7300.