In order to be compliant with IRS requirements, the Osteopathic Founders Foundation (OFF) has adopted a consistent standard for all medical education grants and stipends. The standard will apply regardless of the source of funds. OFF educational grants and stipends are available to osteopathic physicians enrolled in an ACGME accredited post-graduate training program with Osteopathic Recognition, to professional level employees of a College of Osteopathic Medicine, or to professional level employees of a hospital which sponsors post-graduate training programs accredited by the ACGME with Osteopathic Recognition. Educational grants and stipends are not automatically granted, but are awarded by the OFF Medical Education Committee based on a letter of application submitted prior to the educational program that is to be supported. The stipends will provide partial support for rotations and other educational programs at which the resident/fellow is participating in a component of scholarly activity. Rotations and other educational programs which are covered, or partially covered, by the sponsoring institution are not eligible for OFF stipends.
To be considered for an award, please submit a one-page letter of application, at least 4 weeks, in advance of the program, which includes the following information:
- Your name, credentials, place of employment, and position.
- Name and description of the rotation, or other educational program.
- Duration and location of the rotation or other educational program.
- A description of the scholarly activity which you will accomplish during the educational program or a description of the unique training opportunity provided by the out rotation.
- A statement of your financial need and your other source(s) of funds for the rotation or educational program.
- A statement that the rotation or educational program is not covered or partially covered by the sponsoring institution.
- Preference will be given to requests from qualifying applicants who have not previously received a stipend from the Osteopathic Founders Foundation.
- Your letter of application must be co-signed by an osteopathic physician in your department, or in the case of a resident/fellow, your program director.
- All stipend requests must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The medical education committee of the Foundation has final authority regarding the awarding of educational grants and stipends.
Applicants will be notified of the approval or denial of their request within two weeks of their application. Grant or stipend payments will be issued following the submission of evidence of successful completion of the approved program and receipt of a completed W-9 form. No payments will be issued in advance of the rotation or program.
Education Stipend Policy Revised 6/12/18