Founders’ Leadership Award
This $3,000 scholarship provided by the Osteopathic Founders Foundation, to be used during the recipient’s third year of study, will annually recognize, honor, and encourage one osteopathic medical student who exhibits the foundational leadership skills that will serve their profession and their community now and in the future.
* Deadline May 31, 2022
* Rising third year student
* Enrolled and in good standing in the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine (Certification of Enrollment from the OSU-CHS Office of the Registrar)
* Demonstrated excellence in academic achievement (transcript required)
* Personal statement describing noteworthy accomplishments in student activities which demonstrate the applicant’s ability to be a leader (i.e. Student Government, SOMA, etc.). The personal statement should demonstrate how the applicant meets the eligibility criteria and upholds the purpose of this award. It should also highlight leadership activities and experiences that add to the individual’s worthiness to receive this award.
* One faculty letter of recommendation
2021 Founders' Leadership Award
The winner of the 2021 Founders’ Leadership Award is Adrianna Elbon. Adrianna graduated from the University of Oklahoma and worked as a phlebotomist before beginning medical school. Being from the small town of Vian, she has an interest in rural medicine. As an Ambassador for OSU-COM it has given her the opportunities to present information on OSU-COM and the Rural Medicine Track. She has served as an officer in the Student Osteopathic Rural Medicine club, OMM club and OBGYN club.
|2014||Matthew L. Haney and Matthew W. Smith|
|2015||Taylor J. Craft|
|2019||Christopher L. McNeil|
|2020||Rebecca Gaglia, Anh Lam and Toni Nigro|